27 September 2021

I'm a Bachelorette


Yep, that's right! I passed my thesis and my defence and got a 2.7 on it. In total, I left my studies with a 2.0 which is fucking amazing. I'm so happy but at the same time, it still feels weird... like I'm not a student anymore and I won't be for some time. I am thinking about doing my master's degree but I wanted to work for a couple years first, as studying is quite expensive. Although I'm lucky not to live in America😅.

So let's catch up, shall we? After my defence, I spent the day with my friend Nathalie, who I met at uni and had dinner with my bf and his family. Over the next couple of weeks, I spent a lot of time at my mums' hotel and helped her out. I went to the Tourismbarometer for Saxony which was very interesting and I also met one of my (now former) profs there. It was a bit cringe, to be honest, but fine. And on Saturday I had my Exmaball.

It was at the Airport of Dresden... kinda fitting even though it does sounds a bit funny. I took my Mum, her bf, my grandpa and my bf. It was a lot of fun and I did get to see some of my profs and people from my class. I think the last time I saw them was in summer 2020 when regulations were a bit eased and before that, it was the beginning of 2020 before Covid-19 was a thing here in Germany. I do have to say that the event planning wasn't done too great especially concerning pictures because other than a Photobox there wasn't really anything. We were supposed to have 2 photographers but they were nowhere to be found. So we only have the pics my family took and those my uni has but I'm not quite sure if we ever get them. As of Covid-19 regulations, all pics were taken with masks on which I think is really sad. I mean I get why we are wearing masks but taking a picture for like 30 secs to 1 min wouldn't do that much harm so yeah I'm not happy with those pics. The food was nice but the service staff was catastrophic. Lastly, the atmosphere didn't really do much either. There was a big band but they weren't any good and played for what feels like ages so lots of ppl left quite early. Later there was a DJ but with most ppl gone, it didn't felt like a great party. It also took place on two floors with the tables on the upper floor and the band/DJ on the lower which also took away the atmosphere. What was funny tho was to looks of ppl. There were flights at the airport in the afternoon and evening and you wouldn't really expect ppl to wear evening attire like nice dresses and suits at an airport. So we got some really funny looks. 

After driving back to the hotel we heard music coming from the Summer Ending Party which was still happening in the town. So my bf and I decided to go there as it was still on full blast at like 1.30 am. I can't tell you how much fun it was. Didn't go to many parties pre-Covid but I always enjoyed myself. Not gonna lie I saw and was with a crazy amount of ppl that weekend (probably over 1000) which felt a little weird but sooooo good at the same time. Anyway, we stayed there until 3.45 am and when we left the party was still going but I think it ended at like 4.00 am. 

That's it for now I do wanna update my 50 facts about me, is there anything you would love to know? And I want to talk more about my studies here. In the meantime, you can follow my adventures on Instagram @doublesteff

Love, Steff xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment