23 August 2021

Hello again...

 Well... it's been a couple years since I wrote something here but I have missed it all the time, I just never got myself to write again. I can't quite tell why I stopped I mean yeah life got busy and stuff but someone once said to me you are not busy if you don't find the time to do something it has no priority for you. Well, I guess that is what has happened. My priorities have shifted in the past 3 years. They were mainly focused on uni, my friends and family. And I guess the reason why I'm starting with this now is probably or let's better say most definitely because I'm procrastinating. I have my Bachelor-Thesis-defence in 3 days (crazy I know) and I haven't done a lot for it. I'm gonna be honest here, I'm shit scared to fuck it up or maybe I already fucked up my thesis and I just don't know yet. Anyways I'm also scared about what the future holds. I won't be a student anymore and being a student is what I have done for most of my life now. Also having studied Tourism- and Eventmanagement is kinda like being lost too. The past year and so has shown me how much of an insecure field this is. But by the time I started studying Covid-19 was not a thing. I also do not regret studying what I did. If I was asked now what I want to study I would choose the same thing! But studying is something and working in that field is not the same. Whilst you are studying you are kind of safe. I was lucky enough to be in a position where I did not lose a job or income, I was and still am financially stable and was also lucky enough to not lose family or someone close to me. I also could always count on my family. So yes I was lucky and did not need to worry much, but it still happens. And when it does, I feel bad about it because I know there are people in a position so much worse than mine. It's weird and complicated, isn't it?😅

I think I will leave this post like this now. I do (like really do) need to work on my presentation and defence but I promise I will be back and tell you all about the last 3 years (if anyone is still out there, reading this).

In the meantime let me know how you are feeling? Maybe you understand my struggles?

Love, Steff xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment